Saturday, August 1, 2020

My Lord ©

By H. L. Gradowith

I've always thought of leaving here
           And of the Endless Day,
I've always known that You were near,
           To chase my fears away;
I've never doubted that You care
           For such a wretch like me;
With your help, Lord, I'll gladly bear
           My Cross till I'm set free.

My faith is firmly in Your Word:
           My strength, my lamp,, my light;
At Your feet humbly bow I, Lord,
           O banish now the night;
Give me the faith I need to live
           As You would have me do;
Help me to nurture and forgive
           And be a friend that's true!

There is no lord like You, my Lord,
          Nor hope like Heav'n Above;
There is no Roadmap like Your Word,
           Nor love, Lord, like Your Love!
I thank You for all You have done
           To set my spirit free,
I long now for that Heav'nly Home
           That You've prepared for me!

- H. L. Gradowith  For more information on H. L. Gradowith and GRADOWITH POEMS e-mail group visit http://www.geocities.ws/gradowith/SpecialPoemLinks.html - the website of Tim Smith, minister of the Enon Church of Christ in Webb, AL.


No comments:

Post a Comment