Saturday, August 1, 2020

Wings Of Eagles

By Donna Richmond Wittlif

"But they that wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk, and not faint" (Isaiah 40:31).
    The first time I saw Isaiah 40:31, I was in the sixth grade. The verse was a handwriting practice assignment given to the class by our teacher, Lois Riggs. She was very religious, but I don't know which church she attended. We often had Bible verses for handwriting.
    I had never been to church, but I had been thinking about God, probably because of the other Bible verses we had for handwriting practice. This verse, though, hit a place in my heart, and it wouldn't let go of a poor country girl who was searching for something to cling to. I wanted more than anything to learn about God. It wasn't long after that my grandfather invited me and my sister to attend church with him.
    Miss Riggs planted the seeds that grew in me. It didn't happen in one day, and probably not in a week or a month. But that seed took root and grew, and within a year, I became a Christian. 
    So many times we try to convert someone, but we become discouraged when we don't see results quickly. We never know how the seed of God that we implant in their heart is growing.
    Many people are like I was. They are hungry for God, and they are yearning for someone to tell them how to find Him. They may not have the resources or the know-how to find God on their own. They must rely on someone to point the way. Let us be the ones to give them wings of eagles so they can learn how to run, and not be weary, and walk, and not faint.

- Donna Richmond Wittlif, the founder and first editor of BulletinGold, lives in Denver, CO. Donna is also a writer of fiction. Her novels, World Eternal: Promises and World Eternal: Proselytes, are available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other book outlets. Her third book, World Eternal: Perils, should be out soon. For more information visit her website.

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment