By Edd Sterchi
We are in a time referred to as cancel culture. Cancel culture is the act of destroying someone’s life over the fact that they disagree with popular opinion. The Christian, however, should have a different take on “cancel culture.” Notice, for example:
* We should cancel negativism and pessimism.
* We should cancel prejudice.
* We should cancel immoral thoughts.
* We should cancel sin.
* We should cancel false doctrine.
Rather than focusing on destroying others’ lives, let’s focus on improving our own – by doing such we will be doing our part to make the world better. “And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.” (Gal. 5:24-25)
- Edd Sterchi preaches for the Broadway Church of Christ in Campbellsville, KY. He may be contacted through the congregation's website: http://www.broadwaychurchofchrist.net/