Saturday, August 1, 2020

Behind Me

By H. L. Gradowith

I'm gonna lay down all of this life's burdens
And I'm gonna lay down all of this life's cares,
Yes I'm gonna leave them all far behind me
When I reach  that Lovely Country over There!

I'm gonna leave all my frowns behind me
And I'm gonna have a heart that never breaks;
The Lord's gonna wipe all the tears from my eyes
Up There in that Lovely Land of no mistakes!

The Lord will give me all I ever need There!
Yes, the Lord will call my name and say, Well done!
I will never want up There for anything!
When, at long last, my Savior welcomes me Home!

- For more information on H. L. Gradowith© and GRADOWITH POEMS e-mail group visit http://www.geocities.ws/gradowith/SpecialPoemLinks.html - the website of Tim Smith, minister of the Enon Church of Christ in Webb, AL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment