Saturday, August 1, 2020

O God, Why?

By Gerald Cowan

‘O why was I born’
Is not a request
For knowledge and truth.
But more a protest
Against all the hurt,
Unfairness of life
That causes conflict,
Confusion and strife.
Why must I be here,
A part of it all?
And why doesn’t God
Reply when I call?

O where is my God
When I call on Him?
For when I need help
Hope fades and grows dim;
I cannot survive
If He doesn’t give.
The help I require.
How then can I live?
I am not able
To stand on my own,
I do not dare think
That I stand alone.

Why can I not see,
Why can I not hear,
Why can I not feel
The God who is near?
I must learn to see
And hear with my mind,
God is here with me;
In His word I find
The answers I need.
Upheld by His hand,
His love and His grace,
I know I can stand.
 
- Gerald Cowan, a longtime preacher and missionary, is retired from full-time pulpit preaching. Gerald publishes an e-mail newsletter entitled GERALD COWAN’S PERSONAL PERIODICAL WRITINGS. He is available for Gospel Meetings and he may be contacted at Geraldcowan1931@aol.com


No comments:

Post a Comment