Monday, March 2, 2020

What Price Does Christ Ask Me to Pay? (Romans 12:1-3)

By Gerald Cowan

Bring me your sins, the Savior said.
My blood alone can sin forgive.
God, through my blood, will make you clean.
Forgiv’n, you then in me shall live.

Bring me your burden, Jesus said.
Without help we all might fall.
Do not trust in your strength alone,
I will help you when you call.

Bring me your needs, the Savior said.
God can supply for ev’ry task.
His resources are endless, but
He may not give unless you ask.

When you need comfort, Jesus said,
Bring me your troubles and your cares.
The comfort that I know in God
I will with you forever share.
  
Bring me your service, Jesus said.
Riches to you I will accord,
Not on the earth but in God’s heav’n
If you will serve me as your Lord.

Come learn from me, the Teacher said.

Truth is required to make you free.
I am the way, the truth, the life.
You will not know God but through me.

Be my disciples, Jesus said.
To be disciples you must know
The truth. But you must follow me
To be with me where I will go.

Come take my yoke, the Master said.
My work on earth cannot be done
Unless you share my load with me
And go where I have not yet gone.

Bring me your love, the Savior said.
I want your heart, not just your hands.
You must love others as I love,
As I made clear in my commands.

But Jesus, you have not yet said
What price from me you will require.
Say plainly: how can I get to
The place with you that I desire?
  
Bring me your life, the Savior said.
Then live for me.  I’ll live in you.
Abundant life to you I’ll give,
Eternal life, forever true.

Give me yourself, the Savior said.

Nothing less than all will do –
No strings attached. I only want
The living sacrifice of you.

- Gerald Cowan, a longtime preacher and missionary, is retired from full-time pulpit preaching. Gerald publishes an e-mail newsletter entitled GERALD COWAN’S PERSONAL PERIODICAL WRITINGS. He is available for Gospel Meetings and he may be contacted at Geraldcowan1931@aol.com



No comments:

Post a Comment