Monday, March 2, 2020

How Can Increase My Dependence Upon God?

By Lance Cordle

“For the sake of Christ, then I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” (2 Corinthians 12:10)

I can begin each day with prayer that includes thanks.
I can replace the question, “Why has God done this to me?” with, ”How has God helped me in the past?”
I can count my blessings.
I can set aside a favorite Bible verse or a favorite group of verses that can serve as points of reflection in my life—in good times as well as bad.
I can look for ways to be God’s instrument for good in the lives of others.
I can read the Bible daily.
I can insure treasure in heaven by directing some of my money to those who are in need.
I can reflect on what my life would be without Christ.
I can thank God for good health.
I can read and practice the “one another” messages of Scripture (e.g., John13: 34; Ephesians 4:32).
I can streamline my life by limiting or eliminating luxuries that encourage me to forget God.
I can consider periodic fasting (Matthew 6:16-18).
I can ponder the phrase “daily bread” in the model prayer of Jesus (Matthew 6:9ff) and how I should not take for-granted God’s daily provisions.
I can remember, reflect on the fact, and remind others (especially my family) that every good gift comes from God (James 1:17).
I can be constantly aware of how fragile human life really is (James 4:14).
I can remember the fact of Romans 8:31: “If God is for us, who can be against us?”
I can stay connected to God’s people.
I can end each day with prayer that includes thanks.

- Lance Cordle preaches the Calvert City Church of Christ in Calvert City, KY.  He may be contacted through the congregation's website: http://www.calvertchurchofchrist.com




No comments:

Post a Comment