Friday, November 20, 2020

Who's in Your Heart?

By Larry Pasley

    A four year old was at the pediatrician for a checkup.
    As the doctor looked down her ears with an otoscope, he asked, "Do you think I'll find Big Bird in here?" The little girl stayed silent.
    Next, the doctor took a tongue depressor and looked down her throat. He asked, "Do you think I'll find the Cookie Monster down there?" Again, the little girl was silent.
    Then the doctor put a stethoscope to her chest. As he listened to her heart beat, he asked, "Do you think I'll hear Barney in there?"
    "Oh, no!" the little girl replied. "Jesus is in my heart. Barney's on my underpants."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

    The Bible teaches that all spiritual blessings are in Christ. Ephesians 1:3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
Salvation is also in Christ. 2 Timothy 2:10  Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
    The only way the bible ever says we can get into Christ is through baptism. Galatians 3:27  For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. Romans 6:3  Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?
    Not only must we be in Christ but Christ must be in us also. Many scriptures teach that He is in Christians.
  • Ephesians 3:17  that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
  • John 6:56  He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.
  • John 14:23  Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
  • Romans 8:9-11  But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10  And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11  But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
  • 2 Corinthians 13:5  Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?--unless indeed you are disqualified.
  • Galatians 2:20  I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
  • Colossians 1:27  To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
    Are you in Christ and is Christ in you? Do you want the spiritual blessings He can provide?
If I can help you know more about how to get into Christ please let me know.
- Larry Pasley serves as a minister with the Jackson Street Church of Christ in Alexandria, LA. He may be contacted through the congregation's website at http://www.JacksonStAlex.com


No comments:

Post a Comment