Monday, June 30, 2014

A VBS PRAYER

By Edd Sterchi

“Father, Give me a heart that is true to You...
 ...a heart that will bring my body to VBS every night.
...a heart that will put a smile on my face as I walk through the doorways.
...a heart that will help vibrate my vocal chords in song to You.
...a heart that will not let me be at peace until my mouth invites someone to come with me.
...a heart that will encourage my hands to be patting encouragement on others’ backs.
...a heart that will prompt my feet to be busy helping and doing whatever is needed.
...a heart that will open my ears to hear and heed the wonderful lessons that will be presented.
...a heart that will cause my eyes to be ever vigilant—for that one special opportunity.
...a heart that will motivate my knees to bend in prayer often.
...a heart that will remind me to ever be “beating” for Jesus.  with my heart I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen” 

- Edd Sterchi preaches for the Broadway Church of Christ in Campbellsville, KY. He may be contacted at eddsterchi@comcast.net



No comments:

Post a Comment