Monday, May 24, 2021

What Have You Committed to God?

By Edd Sterchi

    Paul, through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, worded 2 Tim. 1:12 in a most interesting way: “I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.”  I am particularly fascinated by the phrase “He is able to keep what I have committed to Him.”  Paul had turned his whole body, soul, and efforts over to God and knew that God would keep them safe.  What a great example and reminder to each of us.  In light of that, ask yourself the following questions:
* Have I committed my life to God?
* Have I committed my family to God?
* Have I committed my occupation to God?
* Have I committed my leisure time to God?
* Have I committed my interests to God?
* Have I committed my all to God?

Turn it all over to God.  He is able to keep everything you give Him and return them with His blessings!
- Edd Sterchi preaches for the Broadway Church of Christ in Campbellsville, KY. He may be contacted through the congregation's website: http://www.broadwaychurchofchrist.net/


No comments:

Post a Comment