Monday, May 3, 2021

A Better Answer

By Ron Thomas

    Three men on the cross, One in the center gathered much attention. On one side, a man on the crucifixion lumber called out to the One in the middle, “Save us!” while on the other side of the One in the center said, “Lord remember me.” The other, who cried out “Save us” did so with no contrition. Two were prepared for eternity.
    It illustrates life. We make choices, some of those choices are bad, very bad. Some of those choices are good, but the good decisions made are interpreted by others in a very negative way. They feel threatened by what they don’t understand. It’s not that they can’t understand, it’s their choice to not understand. It takes time, time is a precious commodity and “I have no time for this!” is the frequent reply (spoken or unspoken). “I am too busy raising children, working to provide for my family...” and on and on it goes.
    We live in a politically divided world, much more so than anything one can read about that occurred in the late 1960’s, perhaps equaling the era leading up to the Civil War (perspectives vary on this). Very disheartening. I have a very hard opinion and response to what is going on, but I am old enough to know that I am in no position to know what I need to know and to do what I would like to do. I really have no time for this and, moreover, I want to give no time to this. I can, perhaps I should, but I won’t. So, what do I do?
Trust in Jehovah with all thy heart, And lean not upon thine own understanding: In all thy ways acknowledge him, And he will direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes; Fear Jehovah, and depart from evil: It will be health to thy navel, And marrow to thy bones (Proverbs 3:5-8, ASV).
Do you have a better answer? 
- Ron Thomas preacher for the Sunrush Church of Christ, Chillicothe, OH. He may be contacted through the congregation's website. http://sunrushchurchofchrist.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment