Monday, October 12, 2020

I Need God! I Really Need God!

By Joseph D. Chase

     The older I get the more I realize that I am inadequate on my own. Even the simple things in life are beyond my ability to accomplish. God provides every breath and every life-sustaining need. He gives me purpose, strength, and resolve to live move, and be.
     In many ways, I've learned that God's provision is a good and perfect gift from above. It is too easy to take for granted the rich bounty of blessings if I am not careful. It is easy to bemoan things that I think I need when really God knows and provides my true needs.
     Many years ago a great poet by the name Annie Sherwood Hawks penned some words which were set to music by Robert Lowry. These words are a valuable reminder for each morning as I rise and evening as I rest. I pray that each of us will heed these precious words.
I need Thee every hour,
  Most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine
  Can peace afford.
  I need Thee, oh, I need Thee;
  Every hour I need Thee;
Oh, bless me now, my Savior!
    I come to Thee.
I need Thee every hour,
  Stay Thou near by;
Temptations lose their power
  When Thou art nigh.
I need Thee every hour,
  In joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide,
  Or life is vain.
I need Thee every hour,
  Teach me Thy will;
And Thy rich promises
  In me fulfill.
I need Thee every hour,
  Most Holy One;
Oh, make me Thine indeed,
  Thou blessed Son.
- Joseph D. Chase serves the North Loop Church of Christ in Gladewater, TX. He may be contacted through their website: http://northloopcoc.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment