Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Eyes That See Not

By Travis Robertson

Now hear this, O foolish and senseless people, who have eyes but do not see; who have ears but do not hear.” (Jeremiah 5:21)
     I can recall asking my mother if she knew where my socks were for my baseball uniform. Of course, she knew exactly where to find them and told me where they were. I went and looked for them, but didn’t see them. Being frustrated with me, she walked into my room, opened the drawer, grabbed my socks, and said to me, “Open your eyes!” God is saying the same thing here. You have eyes but you are not seeing anything.
     God is upset that His people who should see Him and hear Him do not.  How many of us in the fold of God do not hear our Shepherd’s voice calling out to us? We fail to open our eyes and fix them on Jesus (Hebrews 12:2). I hope and pray that we will not find ourselves in the same position as the Jews here in Jeremiah. Instead, let us train our eyes and ears with God’s word, so that we will see Him, hear Him, and obey Him. 

 - Travis Robertson preachers for the Lake Norman Church of Christ in Huntersville, NC. He may be contacted through the congregation's website at http://lakenormancoc.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment