Monday, February 10, 2020

The Lord Will Provide

By Travis Robertson

    I have had many people speak these words to me when I was going through a difficult time in my life, “The Lord will provide." In one way it was very comforting to hear these words, it encouraged me to put my faith in God and His plans for my life. In another way I was struck with guilt that I hadn’t been looking to God to provide. God has been providing for us since the beginning and we need to put more faith in Him as our provider.
    One of the earliest times we see God provide is found in Genesis 22 with Abraham’s sacrifice. Despite the level of difficulty in God’s command, Abraham remained obedient in his faith. As a result of this obedience, God not only blessed Abraham, but provided for him. Scripture says, “and Abraham lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, behind him was a ram, caught in a thicket by his horns” (Gen. 22:13).
    After Abraham made the sacrifice of the ram, he named the site, “The Lord Will Provide” (Gen. 22:14). Likewise, we can lift our eyes and look around to see how God has blessed us. What is the ram in your life? How has God provided for you? Certainly, God giving His Son would top the list, because of our eternal salvation, but God doesn’t stop there with His blessings. What about everyday life? Consider these verses in Matthew 6:11, 30 where Jesus encourages us to rely on God to provide our daily needs. Take a moment today to reflect on God’s provision in your life. Don’t stop short and forget to praise Him with thanksgiving!

- Travis Robertson preachers for the Lake Norman Church of Christ in Huntersville, NC. He may be contacted through the congregation's website at http://lakenormancoc.org/



No comments:

Post a Comment