Sunday, September 3, 2023

Remember Now

By Clifton Angel
 
When I’m 20 years old,
And looking back on my teens,
Will I smile on my past,
Or be ashamed of what I’ve seen?
 
When I’m 30 years old,
Looking back on the last nine,
Did I give glory to God,
Or make it all mine?
 
Once I’ve reached 40,
And making my trek through life,
Have I left a trail of blessings,
Or caused a myriad of strife?
 
When I’m 50 years old,
Looking back on the years,
Will I grin of the godly joy,
Or frown on the painful tears?
 
When I’m 60 years old,
And time is fleeting by,
Would I enjoy another forty,
Or would I rather die?
 
When 80 is here at the drop of a hat,
But my mind is not at all,
Will my grandchildren know the great life I led,
Or will they look at my life in appall?
 
If God provides that I reach 90,
And my life withers like a clover,
Will I thank Him for my longevity of life,
Or would I rather just start over?
 
When I’m 100 years old,
And the young stand amazed at my age,
Will I even have my memory,
While God recalls all the mistakes I’ve made?
 
Will you take heed to these words,
My dear and precious friends,
And begin preparing now,
For what your life will be in the end?
 
“Remember now your Creator
In the days of your youth,”
Such powerful words from the Spirit,
Who, for our lives, has provided all Truth.

- Clifton Angel preaches for the Coldwater Church of Christ in Coldwater, MS. He may be contacted through that congregation's website: http://www.coldwatercofc.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment