Monday, December 7, 2020

Psalm 27—A Message in Life

By Ron Thomas

1. Life is in need of Courage. Some men prepare themselves for the battle ahead mus tering up courage to engage. For some, try as they might, it does not come easy. The  battle is engaged, they learn they had more within than they realized. Some Chris tians wonder about themselves when they face the enemy. Commitment to the Lord  means they are better prepared than they realize. 
2. Life is in need of Shelter. The battle is over, the scars are impressed on the body  and the mind. Lives are changed, sometimes not for the better. What to do? Stay  within oneself, seeking only self-consolation. Better still, turn to the Lord, though  one does not understand, there is understanding in the Lord. “O’ that I may dwell in  the house of the Lord forever.” It is there that I find the only relief that is long
lasting. 
3. Life is a great Teacher. The battle has been fought, the scars have made an impres sion, now how do I learn from these experiences to be a better person? So many ap peal to the Lord, but after the Lord has spoken, the Lord is not heard. To be a better  person, the Lord has to be THE teacher. There are experiences in life that are great  teaching moments, but what about the teachings moments that take us from this life  to the next? Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you  rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and  ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light (Matt.  11:28-30, ASV). 
4. Life’s Exhortation. You are prepared; you enjoy life and try to be a person of joy to  others around you. You have been taught by the Lord, so you try to teach others.  Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I  say, on the Lord (Psa. 27:14, KJV).
- Ron Thomas preacher for the Sunrush Church of Christ, Chillicothe, OH. He may be contacted through the congregation's website. http://sunrushchurchofchrist.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment