Monday, February 24, 2014

Self-Examination For Church Members

      How many morning services would we have had this past year if everyone had stayed ay home when I did? How many times would the evening services be omitted if no one had gone except when I was there? How many times would the Sunday school have met if they met only when I was there? How much Christian instruction would the children of my community have received if everybody gave as much as I do? How many people of darkened lands would have heard the gospel, if every was as interested in them as much as I am? How many of my neighbors would have been invited to service, welcomed at the church; how many prayers would have been offered for my minister, my neighbors, my church? How many words of testimony spoken for Christ?
      What kind of a Christian am I anyhow? Do my excuses stand before Christ? What kind of a church would this be, if every person was just like me?

- Author Unknown; via the Belvedere Beacon, the weekly bulletin of the Belvedere Church of Christ, Belvedere, SC.  Ken Chumbley preaches for this congregation, and he may be contacted at their website:
http://www.belvederechurchofchrist.org

No comments:

Post a Comment