Monday, August 9, 2010

One of God's Children

Zelda Cornish of Dexter, Missouri tells the following story: I once witnessed an incident of charity that restored my faith in people. While working at a shoe store in downtown Truro, Nova Scotia, I noticed a little boy standing barefooted on the hot air register outside the bakery shop next door trying to keep warm.

I was unsure whether to invite the boy into the store, or just what to do with him, when a middle-aged lady came by. After a few words with the barefoot boy, she brought him into the shoe store. She bought him new shoes and heavy woolen socks, for which he tried awkwardly to thank her. “Are you God’s wife?” he asked his benefactress.

Taken aback by the question, she took some time before replying. “No, son, I’m just one of His children.” “Well, I knew you must be some kin to Him,” he said as he thanked her again and ran out the door.

-The Main Street Harbinger, Milan, Tenn.; via THE SOWER, a weekly publication of the Arthur church of Christ, Arthur, IL. Ron Bartanen, who serves as minister and editor, may be contacted through the congregation's website:
http://www.arthurchurchofchrist.com


No comments:

Post a Comment