Monday, July 26, 2010

My Soul…

By Trevor Tattersall

I once wondered why I seemed to have not much at all
even though I had answered the gospel call.
The things which others had, seemed so nice and good;
they told me what I had to do was get it any way I could.
I then asked God to give me something that was better than all that;
He said “Your soul’s already been saved” - which was a gracious act.
I then realized that my soul was truly of more worth
than all the things which you can get while you are on this earth.
I thanked God for my soul and that I am saved,
and the path to heaven is already paved.
Then the things of the earth seemed to fade away;
and I looked forward (when it comes) to that Judgment Day.
And I know that finally when death takes its toll;
that the thing that will live on is my saved soul.

- Trevor Tattersall (fourteen-year-old son of Glen and Kuin Tattersall, missionaries in Tasmania; via The Central Message, the weekly bulletin of the Central church of Christ in Paducah KY. Jim Faughn serves as an elder and preacher for the congregation. He may be contacted through the congregation's website at : http://www.centralchurchofchrist.org


No comments:

Post a Comment