Monday, December 28, 2009

Resolutions

By J. R. Chism

I have been reading in church bulletins about resolutions. It seems that January 1st is the time most people make an effort to improve. I find nothing wrong with that at all. In fact, if it helps, do it! However, instead of trying to list all the things we need to make, and items we need to leave off, why not try a simple resolution. I read where one preacher said he would make the following promise for the New Year.

- I will go nowhere I couldn’t take Jesus.
- I will say nothing I wouldn’t want Him to hear.
- I will do nothing I wouldn’t want Him to see.

I think this about covers it for me, at least. How about you?

- J. R. Chism, Lamesa, TX (Bulletin Digest); via The Reminder, the weekly bulletin of the church of Christ in Dexter, MO. Travis L. Quertermous preaches for the congregation, and he may be contacted at minister.church@sbcglobal.net or through the church’s website: http://www.dexterchurchofchrist.com/, MO


No comments:

Post a Comment