Monday, January 24, 2011

If I Could Go

By H. L. Gradowith

* If I could go on home to be with Thee Lord
In that bright Land of which I read in Thy Word
I'd gladly fly from this old world tomorrow
And leave behind all of my cares and sorrow.

I've tried to bear the load that's mine, I have Lord,
I've tried to walk as I've been taught in Thy Word,
But sometimes I, despite it all, go astray,
So call for me before I fall -- come today...*

I want to be all I should be for Thee Lord,
I want to learn all I can learn from Thy Word;
And so I'll stay the course while I'm still down here
And until then this is my plea: draw me near... *

Each chance I get I'll point the lost to Thee Lord
I'll tell them that You'll speak to them through Thy
Word;
So help me Lord to do the things that please Thee
And keep me safe until Thy Face I can see... *

I'll surely stay down here and work for Thee Lord
And strive to live each day you give by Thy Word
I'll do my part, and then some too, with a smile
And gladly look for Thy return after while. *

- H. L. Gradowith For more information on H. L. Gradowith and GRADOWITH POEMS e-mail group visit http://www.geocities.com/fp5699/ - the website of Tim Smith, minister of the Enon church of Christ in Webb, AL.


No comments:

Post a Comment