Ever wonder what life is all about? God has a wonderful plan for us in this life! Many times we try to run our own lives without God’s help. Then, just like the children in the wilderness, we wander around and around, never finding God’s best for us. Nothing just “happens” with God. He has a master plan for everything.
For example, did you know:
* Beans grow up a pole from left to right; and the morning glory grows from right to left. If you try to try to wind them the “wrong” direction, they will rewind themselves the direction they are supposed to go.
* Seeds may be dropped into the ground upside down or sideways, and yet the plant comes up to the surface.
* A light crop of wheat will produce approximately 30 grains on each stalk; a good crop of wheat will produce approximately 60 grains on each stalk; and an exceptional crop will produce up to 100 grains. There will always be an even number of grains.
* An ordinary watermelon will have ten stripes on it. Larger ones may have twelve to sixteen stripes, but always an even number.
* Water will travel from the roots of a tree to the topmost leaf on it and no one really understands how.
* The dandelion will always grow above its surroundings whether the grass be two, ten, or twenty inches, for it must get up into the sunlight.
Now, if God cares for and has a special plan for beans, wheat, watermelons, and even dandelions, do you think He is going to let us, who were created in His image and likeness, to wander around with no plan or purpose for our lives? No, He has a wonderful plan for your life.
God also has the provisions to carry His plan to fruition in us. He will supply all our need (Phil. 4:19; 2 Pet. 1:3). By His grace we receive strength to rise above all our circumstances (Rom. 8:31). In His vineyard, we can produce much (Gal. 6:7-9).
God has a great plan for you. Have you accepted it? Are you living it?
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope” (Jer. 29:11 ESV).
- Selected; via via the weekly bulletin of the Harrisburg church of Christ in Harrisburg, IL. You may visit their website at http://www.harrisburgchurchofchrist.org