By Travis Robertson
“And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved” Acts 2:47 KJV.
What is the church? What is your concept of the church?
Notice that our verse says that the Lord added the saved people to the church. Many people do not appreciate the church. Others have the wrong idea about the church. See if the statements below match your understanding of the church. I do not know who wrote the information, but it has a good description of the church. I added the scripture references.
- The church is not made up of people who believe they are better than others, but rather it is made up of those who realize they should be better than they are, and must continually strive to do better. 1 Thessalonians 4:1
- The church is not made up of perfect people, but people who realize they are following a perfect Lord and a perfect law and therefore must do the very best they can to follow it. Romans 3:23, 24
- The church is not made up of people who never make mistakes, but those who often acknowledge their mistakes and then forsake them. Never must we seek to justify the same mistakes that we make over and over again. Romans 7:14 – 8:1; Romans 6:1-7
- The church is not trying to withdraw from everyone, but rather to draw everyone into its fellowship and love so that all can walk in the light were God the Father and the Christ are found. 1 John 1:5-10.
- Travis Robertson preachers for the Lake Norman Church of Christ in Huntersville, NC. He may be contacted through the congregation's website at http://lakenormancoc.org/