Thursday, February 13, 2020

I Will be Forever in His Debt

By Gerald Cowan
                                   
In Christ I’ve learned to give as well as take.
In serving others, I serve for his sake.
But it is also for my own soul’s sake.

His love has given me new life to live.
I’m giving back what Christ gave me to give.
By sharing him I earn the right to live.

The truest gift I can give is my life.
But I am his. He bought me with his life.
I give what is already his – my life.

What I am giving, Christ my Lord will keep
Until I wake from death’s long dreaded sleep.
He, through eternity, my soul will keep.

Although my debt to him is never paid,
In life or death I will not be afraid,
Secured by what the Lord and I have paid.

- Gerald Cowan, a longtime preacher and missionary, is retired from full-time pulpit preaching. Gerald publishes an e-mail newsletter entitled GERALD COWAN’S PERSONAL PERIODICAL WRITINGS. He is available for Gospel Meetings and he may be contacted at Geraldcowan1931@aol.com



No comments:

Post a Comment