Tuesday, September 1, 2020

When I Am Gone and Laid to Rest

By J. Randal Matheny

If no one else remembers me,
Not friends nor even family,
When I am gone and laid to rest,
And having done my worst and best,

May some small child, a curious boy,
On setting aside his favorite toy,
Seek out a word that might inspire,
And find a poem of mine to admire.

If but for a moment he delights
In thoughts of mine to fuel his flights,
To turn the mind benevolent,
Though dead and gone, I’ll be content.
- J. Randal Matheny edits and writes UPLift, an inspirational ezine. He
may be contacted here: <http://randalmathenycom/>. When reprinting this
material, please include the following:  
Copyright (c) 2020 J. Randal Matheny
All rights reserved. You may forward the
email to friends as is. You may not alter
it in any way or remove any text or
attributions.



No comments:

Post a Comment