Monday, September 7, 2020

I'm So Weary Of Living Here Below

By Joseph D. Chase

    Have you ever been so tired of the sin in the world that you just wanted to leave this world for Heaven? I think many godly saints have felt that way a few times. However, the darker and more sinful this world becomes makes it more necessary for us to be busy about the Lord's work.
    God has not given up so neither can we. I pray we will see each person as the soul that they are not the sins they commit. We should remember clearly, "but for the grace of God, there goes I."  We should feel like Paul...
Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me. For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God, I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.”(1 Corinthians 15:8–10 ESV)
God will use us to accomplish His great work. He provides the increase when we plant and water.  It should break our hearts to see the sinner headed for judgment day. It should motivate us to action.
    Lord, God, I am so weary of what seems to be insurmountable wickedness in our world. But I know that the powerful word is able to accomplish what you send it to do. Give me the courage, strength, and desire to take your message to those who are lost in sin. Grant me the days and hours of strength to do what you have clearly bidden me to do. Lord, please send me fellows who have the same desire to win souls for Jesus. It is in His precious name that I beg these petitions.
- Joseph D. Chase serves the North Loop Church of Christ in Gladewater, TX. He may be contacted through their website: http://northloopcoc.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment