Take some of the most common excuses for not going to church and use them to stop attending sporting events, and here’s what you get
* Every time I went, they asked me for money.
* The people I had to sit by didn’t seem very
* The seats were too hard and not comfortable at
* The coach never came to call on me.
* The referee made a decision with which I could not
* I was sitting with some hypocrites—they came only
to see what others were wearing.
* Some games went into overtime and I was late
* The band played some numbers that I had never
* The games were scheduled when I want to do other
* My parents took me to too many games when I was
* Since I read a book on sports, I feel that I know
more than the coaches anyhow.
* I don’t want to take my children because I want
them to choose for themselves what sport they like
- via THE SOWER,
a weekly publication of the Arthur Church of Christ,
Arthur, IL. Ron Bartanen, who serves as minister and
editor, may be contacted through the congregation's