By Edd Sterchi
It Is Easy For The Church To Grow When We...
* Have a deep concern for the lost.
* Enter the worship with preparation and enthusiasm.
* Are interested in intense Bible study.
* Work together on church projects.
* Encourage those who are serving the Lord.
* Dedicate ourselves to keeping our lives pure.
* Express brotherly love to all church members.
* Get along, are at peace, and harmonious.
* Help others in the name of Jesus.
* Are willing to be teachers.
* Commit all our ways to the Lord.
* Demand preaching the whole counsel of God with love.
* Are optimistic.
It Is Difficult For The Church To Grow When We...
* Are not concerned about lost souls.
* Stay away from worship and Bible class.
* Rarely read our Bibles.
* Refuse to participate in church activities.
* Complain and criticize others.
* Live ungodly lives.
* Never associate with the brethren outside of worship.
* Cause discord and are contentious in the church.
* Selfishly serve ourselves.
* Never desire to improve ourselves.
* Only serve God when we feel like it.
* Only like “feel good” type of sermons.
* Are pessimistic.
“Then the churches throughout all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria had peace
and were edified. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort
of the Holy Spirit, they were multiplied.” (Acts 9:31)
- Edd Sterchi preaches for the Broadway Church of Christ in Campbellsville, KY.