Monday, November 8, 2010

"Precious Memories”

By Kyle Moses

“And I’m proud to be an American,
Where at least I know I’m free;
And I won’t forget the men who died,
Who gave that right to me.
And I’ll proudly stand up
Next to him to defend her still today,
‘cause there ain’t no doubt I love this Land:
God bless the U.S.A.!”
-Lee Greenwood

Tomorrow is the national day of memory for those who fought in all of our wars and died defending our freedoms while bringing freedoms to others.

Memorial Day is generally remembered as the first day that the public swimming pool opens, that the summer holidays begin, or when we can gather with friends and families and grill hotdogs and hamburgers. I encourage you to take a little time tomorrow, yea even every day, to thank our God for the freedoms that He afforded us to enjoy as Americans.

Lee Greenwood’s song brings to my memory all of the wars that have been fought for our freedoms as Americans. When I hear it, I cannot help but be thankful for our fallen heroes. How precious are the memories of all our soldiers who fell in hopes of bringing a better life for their home land.

God bless America.

- Kyle Moses; via the weekly bulletin of the church of Christ in Mathis, Texas. Justin Guess serves as the pulpit minister for the congregation. You may visit their website at http://mathischurchofchrist.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment