Monday, April 29, 2024

Who Has Access to My Information?

By Bill Brandstatter


    There is a lot of concern today about people having access to our personal information. We don’t want our Social Security numbers or bank account numbers to fall into the wrong hands. We do, however, want God in our life. We want Him to know all about us. The following are some reasons we want God to have access to our information and our life.

    I have a lot of stress. Paul wrote, “Be anxious for nothing, but in prayer a supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God.” (Phil. 4:6) There are a lot of situations that create stress in my life. If I let God handle those situations, my stress will be gone. There is nothing too big or too small that God cannot handle.

    I have troubles in life. Everybody has problems. Job wrote, “Man who is born of woman is a few days and full of troubles (Job 14:1). These troubles are different for everybody. For some the troubles regard health. Others have financial troubles. Some people have marital troubles. Whatever troubles you the Bible says, “Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you” (1 Pet. 5:7 NKJV).

    I have needs that must be met. We often worry about the basic needs of life. God can provide. He did for Joseph. He did for Paul. He will for us. God works through providence to provide what is needed in our lives. In the sixth chapter of Matthew, Jesus speaks of those who were worried about the basic needs of life. Their thoughts were occupied with the need to know what they should wear, eat, or drink, or what clothing to wear (Matt. 6:25). Jesus stated, “Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added unto you.” (Matt. 6:33) We should be concerned about providing for our families (1 Tim. 5:8). Jesus is referring to an over amount of anxiety that is not necessary. If I become a Christian, and put God first, He will provide the basic needs of life. I can't always know how he will do it, but He will.

    I have a need for wisdom. Sometimes life is full of things we just can't figure out. We don't know the solution, and no hope seems in sight. James tells us that if we lack wisdom, we should ask God for it in James 1:5, 6. We must not doubt, but pray, trusting that God will help us. Wisdom of the world often leads to problems (Prov. 14:12). Wisdom from God always leads to success. I want God to http://marionchurchofchrist.com/ hear me when I pray. If I am a Christian, I have the assurance of God hearing (1 John 5:14). James wrote that the effective fervent prayer of a righteous person accomplishes a great deal (Jas. 5:16). Do you want God to listen? I do. I will, therefore, do everything I can to make sure my life and status with Him is where it ought to be. I want God to listen and to answer and to help me in life. He has all our information. Aren’t we glad He does?


 
- Bill Brandstatter preaches for the Marion Church of Christ in Marion, IL. He may be contacted through the congregation's website: http://marionchurchofchrist.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment