Monday, July 3, 2023

Is It The Lord Who Speaks To Me?

By Gerald Cowan
 
How will I know it is the Lord
Who speaks the words I hear?
Are they direct from him, these words
That sound within my ear?
 
How can I sort through all the words
And voices that I find
Competing for attention and
For notice in my mind?
 
They all may seem well-reasoned, sound,
Believable, and true.
Each one is urgent, pressing me.
What then am I to do?
 
How to decide which way to go,
Which of the paths to take?
Will I be able to change course
If I an error make?
 
The only words that I can trust
To be from Him I love
Are words that He himself inspired
And sent down from above.
 
With voices that do not repeat
God’s word I’ll not agree.
Unless I know it comes from Him
It finds no place with me.

- Gerald Cowan, a longtime preacher and missionary, is retired from full-time pulpit preaching. Gerald publishes an e-mail newsletter entitled GERALD COWAN’S PERSONAL PERIODICAL WRITINGS. He is available for Gospel Meetings and he may be contacted at Geraldcowan1931@aol.com


No comments:

Post a Comment