Saturday, September 25, 2021

Open My Life

By Gerald Cowan    
   
Open my eyes Lord, let me see
People in need, where e’re they be.
Enlighten me and fill my mind
That I may be eyes to the blind.

Open my ears to all Thy truth
And to the souls who cry to Thee,
And may their cries so touch my heart
That I to them will grace impart.

Open my heart to share Thy grace
With all the world so loved by Thee,
And from my heart lift up my voice
With all who weep, all who rejoice.

Open my hands and let me work
That I may give to those in need.
Shelter and food so let me share
That none can doubt how much I care.

Hands to the helpless I would be,
Until the world from want is free.
Feet to the crippled, weak and lame — 
I lift them up in Jesus’ name.

Open my eyes, my ears, my mouth;
Open my hands; open my heart;
Open my life that all may see
The blessed Christ who lives in me.
- Gerald Cowan, a longtime preacher and missionary, is retired from full-time pulpit preaching. Gerald publishes an e-mail newsletter entitled GERALD COWAN’S PERSONAL PERIODICAL WRITINGS. He is available for Gospel Meetings and he may be contacted at Geraldcowan1931@aol.com


No comments:

Post a Comment