Friday, January 24, 2020

I Am a Christian

By Lance Cordle

¨ I am a Christian when I go to work/school; I am a Christian at home.
¨ I am a Christian when I am with my family or friends; I am a Christian when I am alone.
¨ I am a Christian when I interact with friends online; I am a Christian when I am browsing the internet alone.
¨ I am a Christian when I assemble with the saints on Sunday morning; I am a Christian when I eat at a restaurant on Sunday afternoon.
¨ I am a Christians when studying my Bible; I am a Christian when I choose non-religious reading material.
¨ I am a Christian when I pay my taxes; I am Christian when I vote.
¨ I am a Christian when I talk to my neighbor about Jesus; I am a Christian when my neighbor sees me working or playing in my yard.
¨ I am a Christian when I am tempted; I am a Christian when I pray.
¨ I am a Christian when I am sick; I am a Christian when I am well.
¨ I am a Christian when people like me: I am a Christian when people mistreat me.
¨ I am a Christian when I go to sleep; I am a Christian when I wake up.
¨ I am a Christian when my day is “good;” I am a Christian when my day is “bad.”
“Or, do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”
(1 Corinthians 6:19, 20)
“Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because of
the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. But let none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or as a meddler. Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name.” (1 Peter 4:12-16)

- Lance Cordle preaches the Calvert City Church of Christ in Calvert City, KY.  He may be contacted through the congregation's website: http://www.calvertchurchofchrist.com



No comments:

Post a Comment