By Lance Cordle
• Can, and will be, good or bad.
• Can last for years, through your work and your
• Can reach someone for Christ who may not be
influenced by any other Christian.
• Can be the most stabilizing factor in the life of
• Can be the most destabilizing factor in the
life of your child.
• Can be the stress-reducer that your mate needs.
• Can be the stress-producer that results in a
lifetime of resentment and heartache.
• Can be a “silent” instructor, causing some one to
• Can be felt throughout your neighborhood and
community because of your humble acts of kindness.
• Can be a hindrance to the cause of Christ in your
neighborhood and community because of your worldly
and hypocritical behavior.
• Can be seen every day.
• Can be built and strengthened over many years.
• Can be ruined by one foolish act.
• Can be mingled with the influence of others, for
good or bad.
• Can be powerful in the life of someone else
without you even knowing it.
• Can be good, even if someone reacts negatively to
you or hurts you.
• Can be present after you leave an area
(physically), in the form of good memories with
those whom you touched.
• Can be seen by the repetition of your words or
actions in the lives of those whom you taught.
• Can be controlled by you.
• WILL live on after you are gone from this life.
“You are the light of the world. A city that is set
on a hill cannot be hidden” (Matthew 5:14).
- Lance Cordle preaches the Calvert City Church of
Christ in Calvert City, KY. He may be
contacted through the congregation's website: