Monday, August 6, 2012

I Am A Soldier

    I am a soldier in the army of God.  Jesus is my commanding officer.  The Bible is my code of conduct.  I am a volunteer in this army, and I am enlisted for eternity.  I will either retire in this army at the Lord’s return or die in this army, but I will not get out, sell out, be talked out, or pushed out.  I am a soldier.
    I am a soldier.  I am not a baby.  I do not need to be pampered, petted, pumped up, or picked up.  I am a soldier.
    No one has to call me, remind me, write me, visit me, entice me, or lure me.  I am a soldier.
    No one has to send me flowers, gifts, food, cards, candy, or give me handouts.  I am a soldier.
    I do not need to be cuddled, cradled, cared for, or catered to.  I am committed.  I am a soldier.
    I cannot have my feelings hurt bad enough to turn me around.  I cannot be discouraged enough to turn me aside.  I cannot lose enough to cause me to quit.  I am a soldier.
    When Jesus called me into this army, I had nothing.  If I end up with nothing, I will still come out ahead.  I will win!
    “You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.  No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.” (2 Timothy 2:3-4).
  - Author Unknown; via the weekly bulletin of the Harrisburg church of Christ in Harrisburg, IL.  You may visit their website at http://www.harrisburgchurchofchrist.org

No comments:

Post a Comment