By Dick Ellis
Did you hear about the little boy who went out to his backyard to play some baseball? He thought to himself: “I am the best hitter in the world.” He threw the ball up and took a swing, but missed. Without hesitation he picked the ball up and tossed it in the air, swinging again and missing again. “Strike two,” he thought, “but I am still the best hitter.” Then for the third time he tossed the ball up and with intense determination he swung with all his might, but missed the third time, as well. “Strike three,” he said and laid his bat down, with a great big smile. “What do you know” he said, “I struck out, so I must be the world’s best pitcher!” Now that is the world’s best attitude!
Your mind is the most wonderful computer in the world. Why not fill it with the most wonderful stuff in the world (Philippians 4:7-8) and come up with the most wonderful attitude in the world?
A good attitude is the biggest factor in living a winning life as we represent heaven. Our challenge today is to think on the wholesome while living in such a negative world. Negative thinking does many detrimental things:
1. It clouds our choices at critical decision time.
2. It is like a contagious disease.
3. It makes the difficult look even worse.
4. It limits God and faith in our life.
5. It keeps us from enjoying life.
6. It hinders our influence among those we love.
Be a Joshua and a Caleb with a positive report, because their kind of attitude is where the “milk and honey flows” (Numbers 13 & 14).
Keep the SON shining in your life.
- Dick Ellis; via the weekly bulletin of the Harrisburg church of Christ in Harrisburg, IL. You may visit their website at http://www.harrisburgchurchofchrist.org