1. Thou shalt hold no other group more important than the family unit, in all thy ways being faithful to it.
2. Thou shalt teach thy sons and daughters to love, respect and obey their mother and father.
3. Thou shalt be a loving and considerate husband.
4. Thou shalt not speak in a manner unbecoming to a Christian gentleman.
5. Thou shalt make Sunday a day set aside for God, and worship Him as a family unit each and every week.
6. Thou shalt provide for thy family-spiritually and physically.
7. Thou shalt promote and lead family worship in thy home regularly.
8. Thou shalt be honest in all thy dealings with family members, as well as with all others.
9. Thou shalt respect the desires and freedoms of thy family members as individuals.
10. Thou shalt be the head of thy household, while ruling it with tenderness and love.
“FATHERS, PROVOKE NOT YOUR CHILDREN TO WRATH: BUT BRING THEM UP IN THE NURTURE OF THE LORD.” – Ephesians 6:4
- Christian Contender; via THE SOWER, a weekly publication of the Arthur church of Christ, Arthur, IL. Ron Bartanen, who serves as minister and editor, may be contacted through their website at http://www.arthurchurchofchrist.com