Sunday, September 27, 2009

What I Want the Church to Be

The church that I attend is composed of people like me. We make it what it is.
It will be friendly, if I am friendly.
Its pews will be filled, if I help fill them.
It will do a great work, if I work.
It will make generous gifts to many causes, if I am a generous giver.
It will bring other people into its worship and fellowship, if I bring them.
It will be a church with a noble spirit, if I show the same kind of spirit.
Therefore, I will let God use me in the task of being all things that I want the church, where I attend, to be.

- Bulletin Digest; - via The Encourager, the weekly bulletin for the Calvert City church of Christ, Calvert City, KY. Lance Cordle preaches for the congregation. He may be contacted through the congregation's website: http://www.calvertchurchofchrist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment